Planning is one of those “important but not urgent” things that’s difficult to do, but that also makes a massive difference in your life when you do it. You know you need to plan, but it’s hard to find the motivation to do it. Discovering some good quotes on planning, however, will undoubtedly make it a little easier!
My Top 5 Favorite Quotes on Planning
- “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
– Warren Buffett
- “Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance.”
– Stephen Keague
- “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.”
– Pablo Picasso
- “The backbone of success is hard work, determination, good planning, and perseverance.”
– Mia Hamm
Quotes on Why Planning is Important
- “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
– Benjamin Franklin
- “A man who does not plan long ahead will find trouble at his door.”
- “An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing.”
– Dale Carnegie
- “Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.”
– Robert H. Schuller
- “Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.”
– Thomas Edison
- “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.”
– Tom Landry
- “For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”
– African Proverb
- “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.”
Quotes on How to Plan Efficiently
- “If the plan doesn’t work change the plan, not the goal.”
- “The trouble with many plans is that they are based on the way things are now. To be successful, your personal plan must focus on what you want, not what you have.”
– Nido Qubein
- “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.”
– Alan Lakein
- “Never begin the day until it is finished on paper.”
– Jim Rohn
- “Always plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.”
– Richard Cushing
- “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.”
– George Patton
Do This Immediately After Reading These Quotes on Planning
Cultivating the habit of daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly planning is the surest path to becoming a better person. The trouble is, putting in the effort to make it happen isn’t easy because it’s not exciting, and it can be challenging to find the time in your busy schedule to do it.
If you’re reading this, then chances are you want to improve your ability to plan so that you can change your life. The next step you should take then is to click on this link to figure out how to get into the habit of daily planning.
And if you need some constant motivation, take your favorite of these quotes and write it on a 3×5 card and stick it in your pocket. Refer to it daily to help you remember to stay consistent with your habit of planning.
Planning has completely changed my life. It’s helped me run a marathon, change careers, and intentionally create a life that I’m ecstatic about.
That’s why I firmly believe that putting this habit into your schedule will make you disciplined enough to change everything you want so you can live the life of your dreams too!